Flashfood is looking for experienced analysts to join our Analytics team and help drive growth, understanding, and success. We are looking for candidates who have deep technical skills and are comfortable working in an evolving technology infrastructure to help us make data-informed decisions. You will be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact and helping to solve hard problems.
You will partner closely with Finance, Marketing, & Product to provide visibility into our data, craft narratives, find insights, and provide recommendations. Analytics works closely with Engineering to transform data into products and insights that allow the rest of the company to make better decisions faster.
- Use data to inform and influence the direction of team roadmaps and inform business decisions
- Work with key stakeholders to define goals and identify metrics for improving existing features and new releases
- Deepen our understanding of patterns/trends in user behaviour, design experiments, and uncover new opportunities
- Build dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of metrics and experiment results
- Work closely with Engineering to author and develop core data sets that empower operational and exploratory analyses
- Experience doing quantitative analysis
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Experience writing production dataset in SQL, OR building internal/production data tools for ETL, experimentation, or exploration in a scripting language (Python, R, etc)
- A solid grasp of basic statistical applications and methods (experimentation, probabilities, regression)
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus
Flashfood is a mobile platform connecting surplus food directly to its users at massive discounts to reduce food waste. Users see deals on surplus food through their phone, pay through their phone and pick it up any time same day in store. Flashfood is currently operating across Canada with Loblaw and is organizing a series of grocery partnerships in the US.