Flashfood is solving one of the most important global issues and we’re adding to our team. We’re seeking someone who is cool AF. It’s a bonus if you’re passionate about solving real problems and hate seeing the world deteriorate (ie: climate change). We’ve just launched a new website, we have 140 stores in Canada currently, and will be in 150+ more this year.
You'll want this job if you're newer to the UX scene, looking to get real hands on experience OR if you're seasoned designer and are looking to get back into an awesome culture vibe, while building out the design processes for future teammates.
By joining the product team, you’ll be guiding projects by directing user testing and surfacing insights from behavioural data. You will improve current user flows, design intuitive interfaces to make a huge impact on our business, *but most importantly,* you’re going to meaningfully contribute in architecting the new functionality that we’re creating for our quickly-evolving product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Make user-centred solutions to UX challenges across iOS, Android and Web for shoppers and vendors
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions and to uncover insights which will affect our process flows and define our strategies
- Create artifacts (journey maps, wireframes, mockups, prototypes) to clarify, review and iterate with the team
- Rapidly prototype at a range of fidelities
- Reach out and source users, getting them excited to share their thoughts
- Conduct interviews and run user tests through a variety of methods, from 1:1 interviews to managing online tools
- Collect and analyze user behaviour through methods that fit the objective at hand (ex: lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing))
- Becoming an invaluable asset to the entire product team, helping to illustrate the value of user centric design
- We’re a small start-up, you may need to whip up graphics/illustrations for in-app and occasional material for product marketing
We’re looking for a hard worker who is a great fit. We want someone who has a good heart, positive vibes, and likes to try different foods. This is so important to us (foodies).
WHAT DO WE ALL HAVE IN COMMON?:
- We are pretty annoyed that so much perfectly good food gets thrown out
- We are innovating on a hard problem and solving it in a way that people haven’t yet done
- We’re humble, focused, and laid back
- We all believe a good culture is around bonding and mental breaks - that means: everyday, no questions asked, we eat lunch together — if you sit at your desk to eat lunch, you will heavily lectured
- We have fun but we also hold ourselves to a very high standard.