Flashfood is a start-up company that allows users to receive major discounts on foods with lower shelf life, resulting in money saved and food waste reduced! We've just launched a new website, we have 405 stores in Canada currently!
By joining the product team as a Software Developer, you’ll be you’ll be building software and up-keeping our architecture by contributing directly to our code base, writing tests, and more -- making a huge impact on our business. You’ll help carve out the best development practices with the rest of our team setting a solid foundation for future teammates.
You'll get a valuable working experience with our CTO, Director of Engineering, and other members of the team. You'll get to help combat food waste and help make food more affordable for shoppers. How often do you get to learn at your job while helping a great cause?! You'll get snacks, awesome teammates, Apple hardware, ability to work from home and more.
- Write clean, tested, and scalable code to power our customer facing products
- Collaborate on a cross-functional team to ship solutions frequently
- Work autonomously
- Review team Pull-Requests
- Take ownership of your work, from design to deployment
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality
- Stay current on technology and programming best practices (and apply them)
- Create documentation and participate in code reviews
- Understand scale to help build an international scaling-solution
- Teach and learn from their teammates — value making others successful
* API: NodeJS + MongoDB
* iOS: Swift
* Android: Java/Kotlin
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with writing large scale applications in Express.js or similar frameworks
- 2+ years experience working with MongoDB
- 3+ years experience maintaining, debugging and optimizing a large scale REST API
- Understanding of API Security best practices
- Experience with TDD methodologies
- Experience with Agile software development practices and tools
To accomplish our mission, we've created an approach that allows grocery stores to post foods before their best before date, to sell to shoppers for steep discounts. Our users can see how much they save on great food items and reduce the carbon footprint.
We are here to develop a great product and business, contributing to Flashfood's growth. In turn, that growth means that you'll have the opportunity to stretch yourself, make a meaningful impact and build a very bright future for your career.