Flashfood is a start-up company that allows users to receive major discounts on foods with lower shelf life, resulting in money saved and food waste reduced! We have 405 stores in Canada currently and have recently launched a pilot in the US.
To accomplish our mission, we've created an approach that allows grocery stores to post foods before their best before date, to sell to shoppers for steep discounts. Our users can see how much they save on great food items and reduce the carbon footprint.
We are here to develop a great product and business, contributing to Flashfood's growth. In turn, that growth means that you'll have the opportunity to stretch yourself, make a meaningful impact and build a very bright future for your career.
- Establish a shared vision across the company and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to get buy-in and drive support for new ideas, products, and process
- Own the complete product management lifecycle including defining platform roadmaps, define goal setting, acceptance criteria, and complete spec writing
- Define and analyse clear metrics of success and user outcomes
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of products
- Integrate usability studies, research, data and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Act as the voice of the customer using quantitative and qualitative data to make strategic product decisions
- Manage sprints and ensure the collective team has the discovery and execution support needed
- Develop and define product roll-out strategies with operations and marketing
- Work closely with the other functions of product to ensure a cohesive user and internal team experience
- Develop scalable product processes with the product team
- Travel to stores to speak to partners, observe and test
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Aptitude for recognizing and championing business opportunities and impactful user outcomes
- Relevant experience and background in shipping product
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, startup environment with an engineering team focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Outcome-oriented, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and creative problem solver who is able to identify obstacles, validate assumptions, and clearly articulate viable solutions
- Comfortable with rapidly changing business conditions that is typical of a fast growing company
By joining the product team as a Product Manager, you’ll be managing a pillar of our product, working closely with the product design and engineering team, and connect with our users in a meaningful way. You’ll help carve out the best product management practices with the rest of our team setting a solid foundation for future teammates.
You'll get a valuable working experience with our VP, Product & Design, and other members of the team. You'll get to help combat food waste and help make food more affordable for shoppers. How often do you get to learn at your job while helping a great cause?!